The Complete Guide to Cosplay in 2022 | Legendary Costumes You Should Know
The History of Cosplay
Cosplay fans rejoice! This year has already seen some amazing cosplay, and there’s still so much more to come. From comic book characters to Disney princesses, there’s no limit to what people will dress up as. But where did this interesting trend begin?
The word “cosplay” is actually a combination of the words “costume” and “play.” And while today it might be most associated with sci-fi and fantasy conventions, its roots are actually in the theater. In the late 1800s, Japanese theater-goers began dressing up as their favorite characters from popular kabuki plays.
This tradition continued into the early 1900s when Westerners started attending these performances. They were so fascinated by the costumed theater-goers that they began dressing up as kabuki characters themselves.
The First Cosplayer
The first recorded instance of this was in 1936 when a woman named Ruth Hirschman attended a masquerade ball dressed as Princess Nausicaä from the Japanese film “The Princess Warrior.” Her costume was so accurate that she was mistaken for a professional cosplayer.
Hirschman’s story is significant because it shows that cosplay is not just about dressing up in a costume but about accurately recreating a character. This attention to detail is what sets cosplay apart from simply wearing a Halloween costume.
Many of these fans would dress up as their favorite characters, and the trend soon spread to comics conventions and other fan events. Today, cosplay is a staple of comic book conventions like Comic-Con International and San Diego Comic-Con.
Cosplay In Present Times
Nowadays, cosplay has become more mainstream and is no longer just for hard-core fans. In fact, many people use cosplay as an opportunity to showcase their creative talents.
There are now entire conventions dedicated to cosplay, like the annual San Japan in San Antonio, Texas, which attracts over 60,000 cosplayers each year.
And with the rise of social media, it’s easier than ever to share photos and videos of your cosplay creations.
Whether you’re a casual fan or a hardcore cosplayer, there’s no doubt that this trend is here to stay. So break out your sewing machine and get started on your next costume! Who knows, you might just end up being the next big thing in cosplay.
20+ Best Anime Cosplay Ideas for Women and Men
Cosplaying is a fun and popular way to show your love of a particular character or fandom. It can also be a great way to challenge yourself and step out of your comfort zone. If you’re looking for some new cosplay ideas, here are over 20 of the best anime cosplay ideas for women and men!
Here are some 16 of the best female anime cosplay costume ideas for women to try:
1. Sailor Mercury (Sailor Moon)
Sailor Moon is one of the most popular anime of all time. It follows the story of a group of schoolgirls who transform into super-powered heroines to fight evil. One of these heroines is Sailor Mercury, the smart and level-headed member of the team.
Sailor Mercury is a popular character from the Sailor Moon anime. She is known for her intelligence and athletic ability.
If you're a fan of Sailor Moon, then you might want to consider cosplaying as Sailor Mercury. In this article, we'll give you some tips on how to create an authentic and impressive Sailor Mercury costume.
Steps on How to Make Sailor Mercury's Costume
- The first step is to find a blue bodysuit or leotard. You can find these at most dance or costume stores. If you can't find one in blue, any color will work as long as it's close to blue.
- The next step is to create the skirt. Mercury's skirt is unique in that it has a sheer overlay with a pattern of blue stars. You can create this effect by using sheer fabric and fabric paint or markers. Alternatively, you could purchase a skirt with a similar design from a store like Hot Topic or Amazon.
- Once you have the bodysuit and skirt, it's time to accessorize. Sailor Mercury wears blue knee-high socks with white stripes near the top. You can find these at most stores that sell cosplay or Halloween costumes. She also wears white gloves, which can be purchased at most party stores.
- The final step is to put on your makeup. Sailor Mercury has a very specific style of eyeliner that you'll need to recreate. First, draw a line across your upper lash line. Then, extend the line outward to create a winged effect. Finally, fill in the space between the wing and your lash line with blue eyeshadow or eyeliner.
With these steps, you'll be able to cosplay as Sailor Mercury with ease. Just remember to have fun and be confident in your costume, and you'll look great!
2. Hinata Hyuga (Naruto)
Naruto is also a worldwide phenomenon, with avid fans in many different countries. In Japan, where the series originated, cosplay is extremely popular. Many fans enjoy dressing up as their favorite characters from the show, and Hinata Hyuga is no exception.
Hinata Hyuga is a character from the popular Naruto anime and manga series. She is known for her kind and gentle personality, as well as her skills in martial arts.
Moreover, Hinata is one of the main characters in Naruto, and her gentle personality and strong determination have made her a fan favorite. Dressing up as Hinata is a great way to show your love for the character, and it can be a lot of fun too!
- To get started, you'll need to choose a Hinata cosplay costume. There are many different versions of Hinata's outfit available, so take some time to look around and find one that you like. Once you have your costume, you'll need to get some makeup and hair accessories too.
- Makeup is a very important part of cosplaying, and Hinata's makeup is quite subtle. You'll want to focus on making your eyes look bigger and brighter, and adding a bit of color to your cheeks. You can also use a light pink lipstick to complete the look.
- As for hair, Hinata has long black hair that is usually styled in two buns on either side of her head. If you don't have long hair, you can always wear a wig instead. You can find Hinata's exact hairstyle online or in stores that sell cosplay supplies.
- Once you have your costume and accessories ready, it's time to start practicing your Hinata pose! There are many different poses that Hinata has used throughout the series, so take some time to look them up and choose one that you like.
- Finally, don't forget to bring your camera! Cosplaying is a lot of fun, but it's even more fun when you can share your photos with friends and family. Happy cosplaying!
3. Android 18 (Dragon Ball Z)
Dragon Ball Z is known to many as one of the most popular anime ever. The show has inspired a lot of people to create their own costumes, or what is commonly known as cosplaying.
Android 18 is a character from the Dragon Ball Z anime and manga series. She is a cyborg, and is known for her cold and ruthless personality.
Moreover, as one of the main characters in Dragon Ball Z, she has inspired many people to create their own version of her costume. There are a few things that you will need in order to cosplay Android 18 properly.
- First, you will need a white collared shirt. You can find these at most stores that sell clothing.
- Next, you will need a blue denim skirt. Again, you can find this at most stores that sell clothing.
- Third, you will need a pair of black leggings. You can find these at most stores that sell clothing, as well.
- Fourth, you will need a pair of black shoes. You can find these at most stores that sell shoes.
- Finally, you will need a wig. Wigs can be found at most stores that sell costumes or wigs.
If you are looking to create the perfect cosplay of Android 18 from Dragon Ball Z, then make sure to follow these steps!
4. Sakura Haruno (Naruto)
Another inspiring lady character from Naruto, Sakura Haruno, is a great cosplay option too! She’s strong, determined and always stands up for what she believes in, making her an excellent role model. Sakura Haruno is another character from the popular Naruto anime and manga series. She is known for her toughness and determination, as well as her medical ninjutsu skills.
Like Hinata, her costumes usually involve a lot of pink and girly elements, so if you want to go all out with your cosplay look, this is the perfect choice.
Sakura’s most iconic outfit is probably her pink and white cherry blossom kimono from the Naruto series finale. To recreate this look, here are a few steps you can take:
- You’ll need a white kimono top, a pink skirt, a pair of pink sandals and some fake cherry blossoms. If you can’t find a kimono or Sakura’s specific outfit, any white and pink kimono-style dress will work.
- For the hair, you’ll need a pink wig with long, straight hair. Alternatively, you could style your own hair in a similar way.
- Finish the look with some simple makeup – pink eyeshadow, cherry blossom lip gloss and lots of blush!
If you want to cosplay as Sakura during a different point in the Naruto storyline, there are plenty of other great options to choose from. For example, her battle outfit from the Chunin exams is simple but effective, involving a black tank top and shorts combo with red accents. Or, if you want to go for an even more feminine look, her school uniform is also a popular choice.
No matter which Sakura Haruno cosplay you choose, you’re sure to look amazing and inspire others with your strength and determination!
5. Rangiku Matsumoto (Bleach)
Bleach is one of those anime series where the female lead is not only incredibly powerful, but also stunningly beautiful. Rangiku Matsumoto is no exception. She’s the captain of the 10th Division in the Gotei 13, and her zanpakuto is one of the most unique and deadly in all of Soul Society.\
Moreover, Rangiku is known for her carefree personality, as well as her skills with a sword.
If you’re looking to cosplay Rangiku, you’re in for a treat. Not only is she a great character to cosplay, but she also has a wide variety of looks that you can choose from. In this article, we’ll be taking a look at some of the best Rangiku Matsumoto cosplays out there.
Here are some steps you can take to achieve the perfect Rangiku Matsumoto cosplay:
- Start by finding a good wig. Rangiku has long, flowing hair that’s a beautiful shade of orange. If you can’t find an exact match for her hair color, don’t worry – any shade of orange will do.
- Next, you’ll need to find a good kimono. Rangiku is often seen wearing a traditional Japanese kimono, so try to find one that’s similar. If you can’t find an authentic kimono, any flowy dress will do.
- The last thing you’ll need is Rangiku’s signature zanpakuto. If you can’t find an exact replica, try to find a sword that’s similar in shape and size.
With these steps in mind, you should be well on your way to cosplaying Rangiku Matsumoto from Bleach. Good luck!
6. Ino Yamanaka (Naruto)
You may have known Sakura and Hinata, but there is one more girl you need to know in the Naruto series, and that is Ino Yamanaka. Ino Yamanaka is yet another character from the popular Naruto anime and manga series. She is known for her competitive nature, as well as her skills in mind control jutsu.
Moreover, Ino is a character who is known for her confident and bossy attitude. If you want to cosplay as her, then you will need to put on your best attitude and be prepared to have some fun.
There are a few things that you will need in order to cosplay as Ino. Here are some steps:
- The first is a blue wig. You can either buy one or style your own hair into a blue style.
- The next thing you will need is contacts that are blue in color. You can also find these at most costume stores.
- Finally, you will need clothing that is either blue or white in color.
One of the best things about cosplaying Ino is that you can be as bossy and confident as you want. There are no limits when it comes to this character, so have fun with it. Dress up in your best blue and white outfit, style your hair into a blue wig, and put on some contacts. With these simple steps, you will be well on your way to cosplaying Ino Yamanaka.
7. Erza Scarlet (Fairy Tail)
Fairy Tail is an anime series that follows the adventures of a group of friends who are all members of the Fairy Tail wizard guild. One of the most popular characters in the series is Erza Scarlet, and it's not surprising that she's also one of the most popular choices for cosplay.
Moreover, she is known for her strict and serious personality, as well as her amazing skills with swords. Erza is known for her strong personality and for being a powerful wizard. She always puts her friends and guild first, and she's always ready to fight for what she believes in. Cosplayers who choose to cosplay Erza often do so because they admire her strength and determination.
If you're thinking about cosplaying Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- First, you'll need to find a good wig. Erza's hair is long and red, so you'll need a wig that matches that description.
- You'll also need to find some armor. Erza wears a lot of armor in the show, and it can be difficult to find costumes that include all the pieces you need. If you're not able to find a complete costume, you can always create your own pieces out of cardboard or other materials.
- Finally, don't forget about the accessories. Erza always wears lots of jewelry and other accessories, so make sure to include those in your cosplay too.
With these tips in mind, you should be well on your way to creating an amazing Erza Scarlet cosplay!
8. Mikasa Ackerman (Attack on Titan)
Attack on Titan is a phenomenal anime that has taken the world by storm. And one of the most popular characters from the show is Mikasa Ackerman. So it's no surprise that cosplayers have been drawn to her character as well.
Mikasa is a strong and determined young woman who is loyal to her friends and always willing to fight for what she believes in. Her signature look is a black scarf and red cape, which can be easily replicated with some simple sewing skills.
If you're looking to cosplay Mikasa Ackerman from Attack on Titan, here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Choose the right materials. Mikasa's costume is fairly simple, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find the right materials. For her clothing, Mikasa Ackerman wears a dark blue shirt and jacket with black pants. So make sure to find fabrics in those colors.
- Pay attention to the details. Mikasa's outfit is fairly simple, but there are some small details that you'll want to replicate, such as the buttons on her jacket and the cuts of her pants.
- Don't forget her accessories. In addition to her clothes, Mikasa always carries a large sword and has a red scarf around her neck. You'll need to find or make props that look like these weapons and accessories.
- Practice your posing. One of the most iconic things about Mikasa Ackerman is her fighting stance. So make sure you practice your poses and learn how to recreate her signature look.
With these tips in mind, you should be well on your way to cosplaying Mikasa Ackerman from Attack on Titan. Just remember to have fun and enjoy the process!
9. Casca (Berserk)
Berserk is a popular manga series that started in the late 1980s. The story follows Guts, a swordsman who is constantly haunted by demons. Casca is Guts' lover and a former captain of the mercenary group called the Band of the Hawk. She is strong, independent, and often acts as the voice of reason for Guts.
Cosplaying Casca can be a fun and rewarding experience. Not only do you get to dress up as a strong and iconic character, but you also get to explore the Berserk universe. Here are some tips on how to cosplay Casca:
- Choose the right outfit. Casca's outfit is both practical and stylish. Look for a comfortable yet form-fitting top and bottom that are dark in color. Add a red cape or scarf for an extra pop of color.
- Accessorize wisely. Casca is often seen carrying a sword, so make sure you have a prop that looks realistic (but is still safe to carry around). She also wears a gold necklace with a hawk pendant, which is a symbol of the Band of the Hawk.
- Don't forget the details. Casca has short, brown hair that is sometimes styled in a messy bob. Make sure your wig looks natural and believable. And don't forget to add some battle scars to your makeup for an extra touch of realism.
- Practice your poses. Casca is a strong and confident character, so make sure to pose like her when you take photos. Stand tall, with your chin up and your shoulders back. Hold your sword proudly and look straight into the camera.
Overall, cosplaying Casca from Berserk can be a fun and rewarding experience. Follow these tips and you'll be sure to look just like the badass captain we all know and love.
10. Kuchiki Rukia (Bleach)
Another female character from Bleach, Kuchiki Rukia is a strong and determined Soul Reaper who stands up for what she believes in, no matter the odds. Like many of the other Soul Reapers in Bleach, Kuchiki Rukia cosplay is very popular among fans of the series. Her cosplays are usually very accurate and detailed, making her one of the more popular characters to cosplay.
There are a few different ways that you can go about cosplaying Kuchiki Rukia. One way is to buy a premade costume. These can be found online or at some Halloween stores. However, if you really want to make your Rukia cosplay stand out, you should consider making your own costume. This may seem like a daunting task, but with a little bit of time and effort, you can create a costume that is truly unique.
One of the most important aspects of any Rukia cosplay is her hair. Kuchiki Rukia has long, light pink hair that is usually worn in two pigtails. If you don’t want to wear your hair in pigtails, you can always use a wig. The key to getting her hairstyle right is to make sure that it is straight and sleek. To do this, you can use a flat iron or a curling iron.
Another important part of the Kuchiki Rukia cosplay is her outfit. Her regular Soul Reaper uniform consists of a white kimono-like top with black trim and a black pleated skirt. To get this look, you can find a white kimono at a local store or online. Then, simply add some black trim to the kimono and sew on a black pleated skirt.
The last thing you need for your Kuchiki Rukia cosplay is her sword. Rukia’s sword is called Sode no Shirayuki and it is a beautiful curved blade. You can find replicas of this sword online or at Halloween stores. However, if you want to make your cosplay truly unique, you can always make your own sword out of cardboard or foam.
With these simple tips, you can easily create your own Kuchiki Rukia cosplay. Just remember to have fun and be creative!
10 Best Male Anime Cosplay Costume Ideas for Men
For the male, here are fifteen ideas to try:
1. Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto)
Naruto is truly a popular and sensational anime. It has been around for a while and people absolutely love it. The story is fantastic, the characters are lovable, and the action is non-stop. It's no wonder that Naruto cosplay is so popular.
There are a few things you need to consider before cosplaying Naruto:
- First of all, he is a ninjutsu specialist. This means that his fighting style revolves around using jutsu, or ninja techniques. He also specializes in taijutsu, or hand-to-hand combat. So, if you're not familiar with either of these things, it might be a good idea to do some research before trying to cosplay him.
- Another thing to keep in mind is that Naruto is a bit of a jokester. He's always cracking jokes and making people laugh. So, if you're not comfortable being silly and outgoing, cosplaying Naruto might not be the best idea for you.
- Finally, Naruto is known for being loud and obnoxious. He's always yelling and causing a scene. So, if you're not comfortable with being the center of attention, cosplaying Naruto might not be right for you.
Overall, dressing up as Naruto is a ton of fun. He's a great character to cosplay, but you need to make sure you're prepared for it. Do some research on ninjutsu and taijutsu, brush up on your jokes, and be ready to be the center of attention. With all that in mind, have fun and enjoy cosplaying Naruto!
2. Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Fullmetal Alchemist is an anime and manga series by Hiromu Arakawa. The story follows the journey of two brothers, Edward and Alphonse Elric, as they attempt to restore their bodies after a failed alchemical experiment left them with only their souls remaining.
Edward Elric is the protagonist of Fullmetal Alchemist and is easily recognizable due to his distinctive red jacket. He is a skilled alchemist and is extremely determined, often willing to take on difficult challenges even if it means putting his own life at risk.
Cosplaying Edward Elric can be a lot of fun. He's a versatile character who can be portrayed in a variety of ways, from serious and brooding to light-hearted and comedic. If you're looking for ideas on how to cosplay Edward Elric, here are a few to get you started.
- One option for cosplaying Edward Elric is to purchase a red jacket and sew on some gold buttons (or use gold safety pins). You can also add other details such as a white collar and cuffs, or even create your own version of his iconic red coat.
- Another approach is to find a red hoodie or sweater and wear it with jeans or pants that are the same color as Edward's pants in the anime/manga. If you want to be extra creative, you could even make your own red jacket using fabric paint or markers.
- If you're not interested in making your own costume, there are many pre-made options available online. You can find costumes, accessories, and even wigs to help you look like Edward Elric.
No matter how you choose to cosplay Edward Elric, remember that the most important thing is to have fun and express your own personality through the character. So get creative and have some fun!
3. L (Death Note)
Death Note is one of the most watched anime of all time. It's no surprise that people would want to cosplay as the main characters, L being one of them. L is a character from the Death Note anime and manga series. He is known for his eccentric personality, as well as his amazing detective skills. So how do you go about cosplaying as L?
- First and foremost, you need to have the right look. L is a very thin and lanky character, so you'll need to make sure your cosplay reflects that. You can either achieve this by finding clothing that is already slim-fitting, or by altering larger items to fit your body better. Whichever route you choose, just make sure the final product looks like it could belong to L himself.
- Next, you need to style your hair in a way that resembles L's signature look. This means slicking it back with gel or hair wax, and keeping it as flat as possible. You can also add some light streaks of color to mimic L's natural hair color.
- Finally, you'll need to accessorize appropriately. L is often seen wearing glasses, so you might want to invest in a pair if you don't already own them. He also typically wears a black trenchcoat, so try and find something similar if you can. And don't forget the ever-important notebook!
With these tips in mind, you'll be well on your way to cosplaying as everyone's favorite genius detective, L from Death Note. Have fun and be sure to take lots of pictures!
4. Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
One of the best characters from Bleach to cosplay is Ichigo Kurosaki. He is a very popular character with an interesting and varied design. There are many different ways to cosplay him, so you can really make the costume your own.
Ichigo has black hair and orange eyes. His outfit consists of a white kimono-like shirt with a blue sash, black pants, and sandals. He also wears a brown jacket with a fur-lined hood over his kimono shirt. To complete the look, carry around a zanpakuto (sword) like Ichigo does.
There are many different ways to put together an Ichigo Kurosaki cosplay. The most important part is getting the hair and eyes right. You can dye your hair black and use orange contact lenses, or wear a wig and colored contacts. The kimono shirt can be easily made or bought, and the pants and sandals can be found at any clothing store. The brown jacket can also be bought or made, or you could even use a regular coat or jacket with some modifications.
If you want to cosplay Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach, there are many different ways to do it. Just make sure to get the hair and eyes right and you’ll look just like the character from the anime. Have fun!
5. Light Yagami (Death Note)
Light Yagami is one of the most popular characters from the anime series Death Note. He is a brilliant student who finds a notebook that allows him to kill anyone by writing their name in it. Light decides to use this power to rid the world of criminals, and he becomes known as Kira.
Cosplaying Light Yagami can be a great way to show your love for the Death Note series. You can find many different Light Yagami costumes online or at your local costume shop. To really stand out, you can even make your own Light Yagami costume.
If you want to cosplay Light Yagami, here are some tips:
- Start by finding a light blue shirt and pants. You can also find a light blue jacket or coat to wear.
- Find a white dress shirt to wear under your blue shirt.
- Accessorize with a dark blue tie and a white pocket square.
- Wear light brown shoes or boots.
- Curl your hair and style it in a side swept bang.
- Carry around a copy of the Death Note notebook.
- Look serious and determined when you cosplay Light Yagami.
Remember, cosplaying is all about having fun and expressing yourself. So don't be afraid to add your own personal touch to your Light Yagami costume. Have fun and enjoy being one of the most popular characters from Death Note!
6. Portgas D. Ace (One Piece)
As one of One Piece's most popular characters, it's no surprise that Portgas D. Ace is a top choice for cosplayers. Whether you're a fan of the anime or manga, there's no doubt that you'll enjoy dressing up as this iconic character. Here are some tips to help you get the perfect cosplay look for Portgas D. Ace.
One of the most important aspects of any cosplay is choosing the right outfit. For Ace, you'll want to choose something that captures his signature style. His outfit consists of a red shirt with white stripes, black pants, and a black jacket with gold buttons. You can find many different versions of this outfit online or in stores that sell anime merchandise. Be sure to take your time and find an outfit that you're comfortable wearing and that looks good on you.
Once you have your outfit, it's time to start thinking about your makeup. For Ace, you'll want to create a bold and dramatic look. Start by applying a white foundation or face paint all over your face. Next, use black eyeliner to create thick winged eyeliner. Finish off your look with red lipstick. This will help you capture Ace's signature style.
When it comes to hair, Ace has a very distinctive hairstyle. His hair is spiked up in the front and swept back in the back. To get this look, you'll need to use gel or mousse to style your hair. Be sure to use enough product so that your hair stays in place all day.
Finally, don't forget the accessories. Ace's most iconic accessory is his straw hat. You can find replica hats online or in stores that sell One Piece merchandise. You can also add other accessories to your cosplay look, such as a sword or a belt.
With these tips, you'll be able to create a perfect cosplay look for Portgas D. Ace from One Piece. Have fun and enjoy dressed up as this popular character!
7. Sanji (One Piece)
Another male character from One Piece that is often cosplayed is Sanji. He is a skilled chef and fighter, as well as being quite the looker. So it’s no wonder that so many people want to cosplay him.
There are a few different ways to go about cosplaying Sanji. One option is to just wear a black suit with a white dress shirt and tie. You can also add a bandanna around your head, or put your hair up in a bun. Another popular option is to create his signature look, which includes a black jacket with yellow flames on the sleeves, tight black pants, and brown shoes.
No matter which version of Sanji you choose to cosplay, be sure to practice his signature moves. You can find plenty of tutorials online that will show you how to do them correctly. And don’t forget to perfect that smirk!
When cosplaying Sanji, it’s important to capture his personality as well as his looks. Be sure to act confident and flirtatious, just like the real Sanji does. This will make your cosplay even more convincing. If you want to take your cosplay to the next level, consider learning some cooking techniques from a professional chef. That way, you can actually cook up some of Sanji’s famous dishes at your next convention.
8. Roronoa Zoro (One Piece)
Roronoa Zoro is one of the most popular characters from the anime/manga series One Piece. He is a swordsman of great skill, and is known for his unique three-sword fighting style.
Zoro is a fairly easy character to cosplay, as his outfit is not too complicated. The main elements you will need are a green haramaki (bandanna), a black shirt, black pants, and of course, three swords.
You can find everything you need to cosplay Zoro at most online anime stores, or at any costume shop around Halloween time. Simply put together the outfit as described above and you’re good to go!
If you really want to stand out from the crowd, there are a few extra touches you can add to your Zoro cosplay. Firstly, you can get fake tattoos of his many battle scars. Secondly, you can try to style your hair into his trademark spiky green mohawk.
With a little effort, you can easily create a great cosplay of one of One Piece’s most popular characters!
9. Levi Ackerman (Attack on Titan)
Attack on Titan features a lot of memorable characters, but none are quite as popular as Levi Ackerman. He is a tough and determined soldier who always puts his team first. If you want to cosplay as Levi, you'll need to have a lot of energy and enthusiasm.
The key to nailing Levi's look is to get the right accessories. You'll need a black wig with short spikes, a military jacket, pants, and boots. Be sure to practice your scowl and carry a knife at all times!
Here are some other tips to help you cosplay Levi Ackerman:
- The most important thing is to look like you're ready for battle. Be sure to wear clothes that are comfortable and easy to move in.
- Accessories are key when it comes to cosplaying Levi. In addition to the wig and knife, consider adding a gas mask, cape, or belt.
- Don't forget the details! Painted on scars or fake blood can really make your cosplay stand out.
- Practice your poses in front of a mirror. Remember, Levi is always calm and collected, even in the face of danger.
If you're looking for an epic cosplay challenge, try out Levi Ackerman from Attack on Titan. He's one of the most popular characters in the show and is sure to turn heads at any convention. Good luck and have fun!
10. Eren Jaeger (Attack on Titan)
Another male character from Attack on Titan that is popular among the female fans is Eren Jaeger. He's the main protagonist of the series, and his strong determination and will to fight against all odds makes him very attractive to many girls. There are many different ways to cosplay Eren, depending on which version of him you want to portray.
If you want to cosplay the Survey Corps Eren, you'll need a green jacket, brown pants, boots, and a white shirt. You can find these items easily online or at a Halloween store. For the battle-hardened look, you can add some fake blood and dirt to your clothing. If you want to go for a more casual look, you can wear a plain shirt and jeans instead of the jacket and pants.
To cosplay the younger Eren, you'll need a brown wig, and a white shirt and pants. You can also find these items online or at a costume store. The wig is essential for this look, since Eren's hair changes color as he gets older. For accessories, you can add a backpack and a sword.
No matter which version of Eren you choose to cosplay, make sure you have a determined expression on your face and act like the character when you're in costume. This will help to bring your cosplay to life and make it more authentic. Have fun with it!
A Full Guide to Cosplay
Now that you know when and where cosplay started, it's time to learn how to do it yourself! Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, this guide will teach you everything you need to know about cosplay, from choosing the perfect character to assembling your costume.
What is cosplaying?
Cosplaying is the act of dressing up as a character from a movie, TV show, book, or video game. It's a popular hobby among nerds and geeks of all ages, and it's a great way to show your love for your favorite characters.
There are two main types of cosplay: casual and competitive. Here is a brief difference between the two:
Casual cosplay is simply about having fun and enjoying yourself. You don't have to worry about winning any awards or impressing anyone; you can just relax and have a good time.
Competitive cosplay, on the other hand, is all about putting together the best costume possible and winning prizes at conventions. If you're serious about cosplay, you'll need to put in a lot of time and effort to make sure your costume is perfect.
How to Cosplay
Now that you know the basics of cosplay, it's time to learn how to do it yourself! There are four main elements to cosplaying:
1) Choose a character
2) Create or buy a costume
3) Do your makeup and hair
Let's take a closer look at each of these elements.
Choosing a Character
One of the most important parts of cosplaying is choosing the right character. You want to pick someone that you're comfortable playing with and that you'll have fun cosplaying.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a character:
- Your own physical appearance. If you're tall and thin, you probably won't want to cosplay a short and chubby character.
- Your budget. Some costumes can be very expensive to make or buy.
- Your skill level. If you're a beginner, it's probably not a good idea to choose a complicated character with a lot of intricate details.
Creating or Buying a Costume
Once you've chosen your character, it's time to start working on your costume. If you're handy with a needle and thread, you can try making your own costume. However, if you're not confident in your sewing skills, there are plenty of places where you can buy ready-made costumes.
When creating or buying your costume, keep the following in mind:
- Make sure your costume is recognizable. If you're cosplaying as a character from a popular TV show, movie, or video game, chances are there will be other people cosplaying as that character as well. You want to make sure your costume is unique and recognizable so people will know who you're supposed to be.
- Pay attention to the details. Even the smallest details can make a big difference in how accurate your cosplay is.
- Choose materials that are comfortable. You'll be wearing your costume for hours at a time, so you want to make sure it's made from breathable materials that won't make you sweat.
Doing Your Makeup and Hair
Once your costume is finished, it's time to do your makeup and hair. This is a very important step because it will help you look more like the character you're cosplaying.
There are endless possibilities when it comes to doing your makeup and hair, so be creative and have fun with it!
The final step in creating a perfect cosplay is accessorizing. This is where you can really let your imagination run wild, so have fun with it! Some popular accessories include wigs, hats, props, and jewelry.
Here are a few final tips for cosplayers:
- Practice in advance. If this is your first time cosplaying, it's a good idea to practice in advance. This will help you get comfortable with your costume and makeup, and it will give you a chance to work out any kinks.
- Bring a change of clothes. Cosplaying can be very hot, so it's a good idea to bring a change of clothes (and shoes!) to the convention. This way, you can change into something more comfortable when you need a break from your costume.
- Have fun! Cosplay is all about having fun, so don't take it too seriously. If you make a mistake, just laugh it off and enjoy yourself!
How to Assemble Your Cosplay Costume
Here are some steps you can follow when assembling your cosplay costume:
Choosing a Character
The first step in cosplay is obviously choosing which character you want to be. This can be tough, especially if you're new to the world of cosplay. Here are a few things to keep in mind when making your decision:
- First and foremost, pick a character that you love and feel passionate about. It's important that you enjoy the process of cosplaying them, as it can be quite time-consuming and costly.
- Think about what kind of costumes feel comfortable wearing. If you're not a fan of tight-fitting clothing, don't choose a character who wears a skin-tight suit.
- Choose a character who has a look that you can easily replicate. If you're not sure how to sew, it might not be wise to choose a character with an intricate and detailed costume.
- Make sure the character's personality matches your own. You don't want to be uncomfortable or out of character all day long just because you're cosplaying someone else.
Once you've chosen a character, it's time to start brainstorming ideas for your costume!
Building Your Costume
Now that you know who you're going to be, it's time to start putting your costume together. This can be a daunting task, but don't worry- we'll guide you through it step by step.
- Start by finding reference pictures of your character. This will give you a better idea of how their costume looks and what components you'll need to find or make.
- Begin gathering the materials for your costume. If you're sewing your own, this will obviously involve fabric and patterns. If you're not sewing, you'll need to track down clothing items and accessories that closely match what your character wears.
- Assemble your costume piece by piece. Start with the basics and build up from there. Don't forget to add those final touches, like makeup and hairstyling, to really perfect the look!
Wearing Your Costume
Now that you have your costume all put together, it's time to start wearing it! Here are a few tips to keep in mind when donning your cosplay:
- Wear comfortable shoes. You'll be standing around in your cosplay for hours at a time, so make sure you're wearing shoes that won't kill your feet.
- Bring a change of clothes. Cosplaying can be hot and sweaty, so it's always a good idea to bring a change of clothes (and shoes) to the convention. This way, you can take a break from your costume and change it into something more comfortable when you need it.
- Make sure your costume is well-made. This is important for both comfort and safety reasons. If your costume is poorly made, it could fall apart at the worst possible moment.
- Practice in advance. If you're new to cosplay, it's a good idea to practice wearing your costume before the big day. This will help you get comfortable with it and work out any kinks.
- Have fun! Cosplay is all about having fun and enjoying yourself. Don't take it too seriously and just enjoy the experience!
One of the most important aspects of cosplay is makeup. The right makeup can really make or break your cosplay, so it's important to get it right. Here are a few tips:
- Start by finding reference pictures of your character's makeup. This will give you a better idea of what to aim for.
- Choose makeup that matches the character's aesthetic. If your character has a dark and gothic look, don't use bright and colorful makeup.
- Keep it simple. You want your makeup to look like it belongs to your character, not like you're wearing a lot of makeup on your own face.
- Experiment! You might need to do a few test runs before getting the perfect look.
Hairstyling for Cosplay
One of the most important aspects of cosplay is hairstyling. The right hairstyle can really bring your cosplay to life, so it's important to get it right. Here are a few tips:
- Start by finding reference pictures of your character's hairstyle. This will give you a better idea of what to aim for.
- Choose a hairstyle that matches the character's aesthetic. If your character has a wild and crazy hairstyle, don't try to tame it down too much.
- Keep it simple. You want your hairstyle to look like it belongs to your character, not like you're wearing a lot of hair on your own head.
- Experiment! You might need to do a few test runs before getting the perfect look.
One of the most important aspects of cosplay is accessories. The right accessories can really make or break your cosplay, so it's important to choose them carefully. Here are a few tips:
- Start by finding reference pictures of your character's accessories. This will give you a better idea of what to aim for.
- Choose accessories that match the character's aesthetic. If your character has a lot of flashy jewelry, don't go for more subdued pieces.
- Keep it simple. You want your accessories to look like they belong to your character, not like you're wearing a lot of stuff on your own body.
- Experiment! You might need to try out a few different combinations before settling on the perfect look.
Cosplay is a fun and rewarding hobby that anyone can enjoy. With these tips, you'll be well on your way to creating amazing cosplays that will wow everyone at the convention. Have fun and be creative!
How Much Does Cosplay Cost?
If you plan to venture into the world of cosplay, you may be wondering how much it all costs. The short answer is: it depends. There are a lot of factors that go into the total cost of cosplay, such as the materials you use and the amount of time you spend on your costume. That said, here are some ballpark estimates to give you an idea of what to expect:
Cosplay Materials: $50-$200
This includes things like fabric, wigs, makeup, and other supplies needed for your costume.
Cosplay Costume: $100-$500
This includes the cost of materials PLUS the cost of labor. If you're making your own costume, expect to spend this amount or more. If you're buying a pre-made costume, you'll spend less.
Cosplay Accessories: $10-$100
This includes things like jewelry, hats, and other small pieces that can make your costume look more accurate.
So, as you can see, the cost of cosplay can vary widely. It's important to budget accordingly and make sure you're not spending more than you can afford. With a little bit of planning and some creative shopping, you can create an amazing cosplay on a budget. Have fun!
Factors That Affect The Cost of Cosplaying
Now that you know a rough estimate of how much cosplay costs, it's important to understand the factors that affect the total cost. Here are a few of the most important ones:
- The Materials You Use
The materials you use can have a big impact on the overall cost of your costume. More expensive materials like velvet or satin will cost more than cheaper materials like cotton or polyester.
- The Time You Spend on Your Costume
If you're making your own costume, expect to spend a lot of time and effort on it. This will increase the total cost of your costume. If you're buying a pre-made costume, you'll spend less time and money.
- The Quality of Your Materials
If you want your costume to look good, you'll need to use high-quality materials. This will cost more money, but it's worth it if you want a professional-looking cosplay.
- Your Skill Level
If you're new to cosplay, expect to spend more time and money on your costume. As you get more experience, you'll be able to create better costumes faster and cheaper.
These are just a few of the factors that can affect the cost of cosplay. If you're on a budget, it's important to understand all of these factors so you can make the best choices for your costume. With a little bit of planning, you can create amazing cosplay without breaking the bank. Have fun!